Saturday 7 September 2013

Back from the magic


The jet lag has sunk in along with the post Disney blues. Yes folks I am back from my travels to Walt Disney World and what a fun packed trip it was. From meeting friends of new, and old, to new experiences to re-visiting old favourites; the holiday had it all.

Whilst I am not going to share everything with you right now, I hope this will give you a taster of some of the things that are ahead on the next episode of the podcast, episode 43 due out on 16th September 2013.

Originally I had planned out this holiday to be part parks and part Disney cruise, in fact I had shared some cruise planning with you all when we had the lovely Passporter Moms on the podcast. However due to personal reasons, I decided to cancel the cruise. In its place I added seven nights to the existing post cruise one night at the Art of Animation Resort.

So the plan was set for a pure fourteen days of Disney park hopping. No plans to visit Nasa, Universal or in fact no plans to step off Disney property. So one would think… hmm bet you managed to do every single park ride and attraction – wrong! I still didn’t manage that! Main reason being, well both weeks were incredibly hot and humid and I had some distractions from park time.

The first was meeting and spending the afternoon with Disney former “friend of” Merlin, author, park historian – Jim Korkis. This had to be the highlight of my holiday. We recorded two podcasts, which I can’t wait to share with you.

Another distraction led to my escape off property to Theme Park Connections in Winter Gardens. Now I know many of you know about this amazing treasure trove of Disney goodies but if you don’t – prepare to! I managed to purchase a Hollywood Tower hotel bell hop/cast member costume for more information visit Theme Park Connections

When I did get to the parks I made sure I used my time effectively. I had researched using the crowd calendars on touringplans.com Now I know we are part of their podcast network and you my question my impartiality on promoting them however well before we were network members I have enthused about their amazing data rich site. For a mere $11.95 you can get access to which park will be the best to visit and also estimated and live submitted attraction wait times. Add $3.95 to cover Universal Orlando and for the trilogy add on Disneyland, California for $4.95 but it gets better. We can give you the discount code “Minxes” to get you 20% off! Visit Touring Plans

So guys… prepare yourself for a wealth of Disney reviews, in park stories and top tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment