Monday 8 April 2013

Mickey Pancakes


The other day I got wrapped up in a series of tweets featuring Mickey waffles. As I began to drool I had a sudden urge for Mickey shaped food hence I began to scour the internet for my options. The best I could come up with were Mickey pancakes and together with my handy metal Mickey cookie I began my endeavour.

After a few receipe tweaks I managed to produce 16 delicious fluffy pancakes. So if you fancy a go, here is the receipe I used.

Ingredients
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 pinch of salt
3 teaspoons white sugar
2 large eggs
30 grams of melted butter
300-350ml milk
225 grams plain flour
sunflower oil for frying
Equipment
Frying pan
Mickey cookie cutter – must be metal
Mixing bowl
Hand blender/whisk
Ladle or measuring jug (to pour batter into cookie cutter)
Two forks
Spatula
Method
I put all the ingredients in the mixing bowl and mixed, using my blender, till lumpless. The batter was quite thick, using just 300ml of milk, so I added a more until it was the consistency of thick custard.
I then put just under a tablespoon of the sunflower oil in the pan (quantity will depend on size of pan) and put the frying pan on top of the stove on a medium light. I popped the cookie cutter in the pan and filled it 1/3 of the way up with some of the batter mix. 
After 45 seconds or so the batter mix in the pan began to make ‘bubbles’ up the side of the cutter and once they made it to the middle, using a fork on each side, I carefully removed the cutter and flipped the pancake over. A further 30 seconds later the pancake was done and I put in the over to keep warm whilst I cooked the remaining batter mix. 
These timings will all depend on the temperature of the pan so I always view the first one as a ‘tester’ for the cook ;-). 
Hope you enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment