Sunday 21 April 2013

Four Months To WDW


As the countdown number is decreasing, the excitement is increasing; I truly can’t believe in four months I will be going to Walt Disney World! So I thought I would write an update on how my plans for this trip are going.

Originally we were doing a six-night stay at Old Key West, a seven-night cruise on the Disney Fantasy and finishing with a one-night stay at Art of Animation. However, the cruise is now not going to happen. As much as I really wanted to experience a Disney cruise I found my to do list for the parks growing to the point I felt a little cheated that I wouldn’t get everything done I wanted to.

Then came the dilemma. Where to stay? We had seven nights to find accommodation for. Old Key West was unable to offer a further seven nights so to avoid having to change resorts three times we rung Disney and added the further nights to our existing reservation. It was quite easy to be honest. So our new break sees us go from deluxe with table service dining to value with added Pixarness!

Back at 180 days out I made some ADR’s for the six table service credits for the OKW portion of the holiday. Though I was faced with the challenge of reducing my shortlist of twelve restaurants to six! To ensure I got the maximum value, I poured over menus and wrote out the most likely food options and priced up what the spend would be. Then I simply chose the six most expensive! These, for us, worked out to be Be Our Guest, Ohana, Whispering Canyon, Garden Grill, Liberty Tree Tavern and Mama Melrose. I am really excited, as I have only eaten at one of them before.

Next blog will cover how I choose where to spend each day and key attractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment