Wednesday 6 March 2013

To plan or not to plan?


Michelle's blog
Are you a planner or do you go to Disney and see what happens? Perhaps you are somewhere in between. Personally I plan. Perhaps, I may over-plan. Ok, I definitely over-plan!

My trips are currently yearly but this year could be the last trip for a long time. This is down to simple economics. Due to working in education I have no option to pay the higher costs of travelling in term time. With flight and hotel alone starting at around £1860 ($2715) per person, add in park tickets, dining, shopping and those £££ sure add up.

This means when I do get to my happy place, I want to fit in as much as I can; whether it’s a must do, or to a try to tick something off the list of things still to do. As the parks evolve there is always something new to try!

Must do treats
So I’m afraid at 180 days to departure I already have already using Touring Plans to calculate which park is the best to attend, researched every Disney eatery I wish to dine in, all of which has been my preoccupation for the past 60 days but it’s all part of the fun. So the next part is to ring WDW, hear the happy music and book the ADRs.

Now I know having all my holiday mapped out using excel spreadsheets does not sound like fun, but I assure you it is. We always treat it as a guide and do not always stick to it rigidly. For example adding in an extra magic hour session mean changing things round or dinner with friends gets bumped, no biggie!


Favourite Parade
Well next time round I will share some of the eateries I have booked but in the meantime, how and why do you choose to plan or not plan your Disney vacation? Tweet us @theminnieminxes or email contact@theminnieminxes.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment